I hope everyone is keeping warm and cozy in this freezing weather! This video was taken this past week. He's getting bigger and bigger! That belly!
I started to think of things I would want myself to remember about the journey Jim and I have had up to this point. I thought about making a list of things I might have tried differently though, keeping my personality in mind, I may not have tried these anyway.. but here are the things I thought of...
1. I would have made more of my own baby food when James was 6 months old and just get crazy with it.
2. I would have tried to pump sooner so it would help my production of milk later (sorry if that is TMI.. but it's true).. Not that this would have for sure made a difference but I'd like to try.
3. I would have tried to deliver without C-section. Now, I don't hate that this was the way it happened. It wasn't that bad but I'm really curious what it's like to go the other route.
4. I would have taken certain advice as a grain of salt. I think I put too much pressure on myself for things to be "just so".
On the heel of these thoughts, though, there are many many more things I am so grateful for and love about the past year.
1. I love my play group way more than I think they even know
2. I LOVE that I attempted a blog and that I am still writing in it. What a great way to remember how this journey was/is. I can't even remember what I had for lunch today so it's good I'm writing this stuff down and family and friends can see this.
3. I love mothers day out. If I didn't have the financial means for it, I think I would have to find a friend where we would swap days and give each other free days because, some days, that is a freedom much needed.
4. sleep schedule - I love that I got James on a great sleep schedule early on. This is probably more James than me but I feel like I worked hard on getting him in the bed for naps and bedtime like the book "Baby Whisperer" said and it worked well for us. Probably not for everyone, but for me, it helped immensely.
5. I love our pediatrician
6. I love the McWane Science center
possibly more to add to these lists coming soon