Friday, December 11, 2009

Rolling Rolling Rolling

Hello everyone!

I was watching The Office where Scott was promising his "tots" college tuition and I had to turn it off. That was a little too awkward, even for me :) I thought it would be a better use of my time to update the blog and talk about how we have been doing.

James is now seven weeks old! He is a growing boy and so strong. He shocked me when he rolled over this past Monday as a 6 week old baby and he is able to hold his head at a 90 degree angle. He LOVES his mobile still and his daddy's silly songs and faces. As I look at him right now, he reminds me of such a little angel. Thirty more minutes until feeding time.


As of Monday, he was 11lb and 14oz. He is probably a little over 12lb now, then, which means he has gained 4 whopping pounds since he was born! I can't believe it. I thought we had moved into a better night schedule, but he had different plans. I am fine, though. I am not working right now and kind of see taking care of him as my full time job.

Some of the things I am looking forward to are: hearing him laugh, watching him grasp things and understand that he is grasping them, sleeping through the night (that may be months away...), and adapting to a eat, play, sleep schedule. We have so much to look forward to.

I graduate tomorrow. I will officially have my Masters of Nursing. I will start to study for the exam one the new year settles in and I sign up for taking the boards. Who knows what I will do with this degree as of now, but I hope to use it one day.

I hope you all are having a great December thus far and are getting ready for Christmas. God bless you all!


Melissa

"I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born" Isaiah 44:2

2 comments:

  1. Love you Mel, it does get better, call me anytime. I haven't wanted to risk calling and it be your only moment of sleep so please, you call me when you have time. Can't wait to meet Baby James ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel he is an angel! Oh how I love him so!

    ReplyDelete