Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Baby's gonna sleep

Hello!

I've been needing to post. I missed a week on posting (the 5 week pics) but am hopefully going to catch up! James has been doing great. We had our first long road trip and he was a champ. We would stop and feed him and then he was ready to go back in the car seat. He loves the car seat and sleeps very well in it. Jackson was wonderful over the holidays and Jim got to go duck and deer hunting.

On Friday, Jim and my dad went out to deer hunt and Jim came back with a 12 point deer. This was probably Jim's third time on the deer stand. The deer was over 230 pound and scored a 157.5 (whatever that means). Jim is a huge animal lover but, after being told that deer this age usually starve to death or pass on diseases, the kill wasn't so hard. He gives his XBox credit for his great shot.



Kim and Kate were able to come over on Friday night to my parent's house and we had pizza and bathed James. It was really fun to hang out with the girls. Sadly, Claire had to miss because Richard Lewis had come down with a fever. Poor little fellow. He had fifths disease (which is a scary name for a virus that just passes with time.. but it's still no fun).

I am very happy about a major step: James has been sleeping through the night! For the third night straight, he slept from about 11pm to about 5am. No complaints from mama!!





Jim has started back on mixed days and night shifts and has had 7a-3p shifts the past two days. I LOVE it because there is a sense of normalcy to it. Again, no complaints from mama :)

James and I ate lunch with Charlene and Aidan today at CPK. It was nice to feel good about getting out. I kept James covered, of course, and we sat in a corner with very little people, but it was awesome.




James also discovered his reflection today. I haven't seen him smile for so long before. I think it went on for at least 15 minutes. He is, after all, a handsome little fellow! He also was able to lift his chest and move his head from one side to the other. I'm pretty sure that that is a milestone.




More to come~

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment