Thursday, November 5, 2009

Two weeks old and looking forward to meeting James Walter Galbraith, Sr. and Aunt Lindsey!!

Well, here we are at two weeks. I don't know exactly why, but there is a huge emphasis from the pediatrician and all of the books out there that I'm reading that you MUST feed every three hours until they are two weeks. I remember them saying this and thinking "okay, I expected that". About a day or two ago I started to think.. wait, no one told me what to do when two weeks is up! (not good for the emotional new mother..). So, I started to look into it and frantically call my mom friends to find out what happens at two weeks? Does he start feeding less? Am I suppose to wake him less? Thank you Kim and Claire for your words of wisdom and sanity reinforcement.

I decided that I need to read less books and rely on Jim and the pediatricians reassuring attitude that: 1. James is well nourished and happy and 2. you can actually let them go up to five hours at night without feeding if he will. Now I calm down and remember that I am NOT the first person to do this and a lot of it is instinct too. Okay.. calm now..

for now.. :)


I am just excited to be at two weeks because it's a milestone (at least in my mind). Dr. Dad went back to work last night and Grandma "B" (so we are going with now.. that name may change) leaves tomorrow morning. Saturday is the arrival of Grand-dad James Sr. and Aunt Lindsey. We are very excited. Baby James can't wait to meet them!



Til more postings,

Melissa

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great Mel, I agree don't read too many books they are just conflicting and stressful at times :) Lilliana came home form the NICU feeding every 4 although that didn't last long and shortly after 2 weeks we let her sleep when she wanted too. Never wake a sleeping baby :) Love you and miss you, can't wait to meet James.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.......I sure am missing our little fellow in a big way. I am counting the days until Thanksgiving. Love "B"

    ReplyDelete