Saturday, January 9, 2010

Been a long time

So, it's been a while but I have excuses. The holidays were crazy and we've been super busy since we got back. I finally have time to sit down and write a little. The last week in December, we were able to make a trip over to Dallas which was really great and then head through Fighting Bayou for a hunting trip with three other couples. By the time we got back, I was ready to sleep for two days straight. However, I had the best time and would do it all over again next week if we could.

James is now 11 weeks old and pushing 15 pounds!! Oh my oh my! That boy really loves to eat! We are starting to work on a schedule throughout the day to regulate both of our sleeping and "normal" feeling. To be honest, I haven't felt like I could do this until now. I just really didn't see the light of this happening until we left for Dallas. I know James can sleep up to 7 hours straight because he did it on the trip twice so... we are fighting to find the right "formula". I'm working on implementing a little bit of "baby wise" and a little bit of "healthy sleep habits" and a touch of whispering to the baby (lol) which all are somewhat similar. The only thing I cannot do as of yet is to let him cry it out. I'm pretty convinced it is way to early for that. The past two or three nights, we get him down by 7ish and he'll wake up around 11pm-12am, between 3-4am, and then around 7am. I'm wanting him to drop the 11p-12p feed... GOALS!

James has really grown. He is able to focus on things for longer periods of time and I can tell he's putting some things together in his head. For example, today he was swinging his hand hitting the purple elephant hanging on his jungle gym floor mat... he kept hitting it over and over and over as if to be saying "wow.. that's MY hand and I'M doing that!". He smiles after every meal for longer periods of time now. I wish the weather was warmer because I would love to see him out more but that will come soon enough. It snowed for two days here but really didn't stick well.

Here is a video and pics. Sorry my voice is annoying!





No comments:

Post a Comment