Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm proud

There are a few things that I'm proud of. For one, I'm very proud to say that I have the most handsome 3 month old boy a mom could ask for. I'm proud of my husband for working hard (as I type). I'm proud of my family and friends. I'm also proud of MSU as well as Loewenberg School of Nursing and Children's Hospital in Birmingham. Tonight, though, I have to say that I'm super proud of my Sour Cream Pound Cake Cupcakes (thank you, Southern Living). It's a temporary little pride thing but, I must say, I loved making these little cakes of joy and I loved decorating them. And how-come I keep thinking of Julie and Julia as I made these as if Julia Child was in my kitchen talking of butter (thank you for the movie, Lindsey. Can you tell I loved it?). Anyway, I made so many of these for no darn reason at all so I will be delivering these to my neighbors and friends but I wanted to share my pictures.


Hope you enjoy.

p. 87 from Feb. 2010 SOUTHERN LIVING



Better quality photo. Yumminess!

...and a little photo from today with baby James... we spent a lot of time chilaxin today. It was great visiting with Michelle Macdonald as well! I hope the traveling to Atlanta and whatnots were fun!! For those of you who don't know, Michelle is moving to New York next year for some time with Crusade up there! I am so proud of her!

THANK YOU, MISS MICHELLE, FOR THE POLKA DOT PAPER...AND THE ORNAMENT!

now if only i can find my camera cord.. i have some more videos to post... still have remains of placenta brain (or nappy brain as new zealanders call it) and can't remember where i left things... though, i've always been that way... can't tell you how many retainers, glasses and watches i lost as a kid... betcha my mom and dad can!

until next time.. or until i find my video cord and come back and edit this post...


Found it!



Love!

Melissa G.

1 comment:

  1. Great job Mel! You can make those the next time we come to visit :) hehe

    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete